(NECK LIPOSUCTION/ DOUBLE CHIN LIPOSUCTION/ LOWER CHEEK LIPOSUCTION)
In the term of facial liposculpture, Dr Richard Diacakis, a plastic surgeon in Paris, refers to liposuction of the jowls, neck and harmonization of the oval of the face. This technique of facial liposculpture is always ambulatory and can be performed under local anaesthesia. Dr. Richard Diacakis considers that this innovative technique allows him to respond to many requests for a rejuvenating and beautifying glow with quick results and simple follow-up. In fact, it allows people over 40 years of age to avoid a facelift or, for younger or overweight people, to erase the “baby face” aspect by giving the face more prominent and harmonious contours.
Why does liposculpture of the face and neck give such amazing results even in the case of “slack” skin ?
- Simultaneous liposuction of the oval of the face and neck allows, due to its detachment and the removal of fat volume, a 30% retraction of the skin. This results in a more taut neck, with a more receding angle, even if the skin is originally distended or “slackened”. In fact, it is largely the weight of the fat under the skin, even if it is minimal, that causes the skin to distend. Once this fat has been removed, the skin adapts to the new relief by retracting.
- The removal of fat from the lower part of the face (jowls, oval) and neck is like any radical and definitive liposuction.
In which cases can facial liposculpture be performed ?
- In young people: liposculpture makes it possible to refine the “baby face” aspect or hypertrophy of the lower part of the face of morphological origin or due to overeating, often with a “double chin” at the flexion of the neck, whether on obese people or not.
- In adults or older people: we often observe a loss of the oval of the face by the appearance of jowls with a thick neck associated or not with distended skin. The alteration of the oval of the face and neck in adults is due to the slippage of facial fat whose weight over time more easily distends skin that is less and less elastic. Liposculpture will treat most of these defects.
- During a facelift, to allow the facelift to last much longer. Indeed, once the jowl fat has been removed it will not come back.
Before a face and neck
liposuction or facial liposculpture :
Dr. Richard Diacakis, a plastic surgeon in Paris, will help you to find out if this operation is suitable for you in consultation. Liposuction of the face and neck (facial liposculpture) makes it possible to refine the lower part of the face, to redraw the oval of the face and the relief of the neck. By refining the lower part of the face, it gives back a radiance to the face and to the eyes, giving a “lifting” appearance. This operation is often performed under local anaesthesia.
During the consultation Dr. Diacakis will give you a consent, an estimate and a preoperative assessment in case of general anaesthesia.
He will also prescribe a press-lift to be worn at home in the evening only for one week. Any medication containing aspirin will be banned 15 days before the operation.
Dr. Richard Diacakis will see you before the operation to take preoperative photos and draw the areas to be removed, simulating the results you can expect.
You will be discharged the same day (ambulatory).
No social security coverage is possible for this aesthetic operation, so no sick leave can be prescribed. It is possible to return to work the following day.
Liposculpture of the oval
of the face and neck
The operation is usually performed under local anaesthetic but can be performed under general anaesthetic. Drawings and photos will be made before the operation by Dr. Diacakis plastic surgeon in Paris. It lasts 30 to 45 minutes.
The non visible micro-incisions (2mm) hidden behind the ears and under the chin are closed by a single very fine absorbable thread.
The operation requires a specific material of very fine and foamy cannulas adapted to this localization.
A “press-lift” type restraint will be applied on return home. Liposuction of the jowls, the oval and the neck can be combined with a face lift to better reshape the oval and obtain a more lasting result. It is also possible to combine it with suspensory threads in order to obtain, in certain cases, a more important re-tensioning of the skin.
After a liposuction liposculpture
operation of the face and neck
When you go out, it is essential to return home by taxi or accompanied by someone. It is forbidden to return by public transport. Pain, although very moderate, can be relieved by simple painkillers. The threads are absorbable. A professional activity can be resumed the next day. You can resume a sporting activity 1 week after the operation.
Showering is possible the next day but bathing is contraindicated for 1 week.
Ecchymoses, most of the time only exist on the décolleté and not on the face. They will disappear within 8 to 10 days after the operation. Exposure to the sun should be avoided during the first month.
Any surgery can have complications.
In rare cases postoperatively, there may be some discomfort in speech, or even paresis of the labial commissure, which can be seen especially with a forced smile. This complication is systematically reversible. The delay for a complete recovery requires 15 days to 3 months depending on the degree of alteration and the susceptibility of each individual. In the case of speech impairment, recovery rarely exceeds 1 month.
Result of a liposuction of
the face and neck
The result of a face and neck liposuction is visible the very next day. In fact, the skin is retracted the day after the operation. On the other hand, a slight oedema appears during the first week and subsides around the third week.
The result really begins to take shape after a month and the final result is observed after 3 to 6 months.
The price of a face and neck liposuction or facial liposculpture
The price of the consultation by Doctor Richard Diacakis, plastic surgeon in Paris is 100 euros.
The price of a facial liposuction depends on many factors which will be defined in consultation after clinical examination.
This operation is of an aesthetic nature. Facial liposculpture is neither reimbursed by social security nor by the complementary health insurance.
During the consultation you will be given an estimate including :
- The clinic’s costs (operating theatre costs, accommodation in an individual room)
- Surgeon’s fees
- The anaesthetist’s fees
- Assistance costs
- L’application d’une TVA de 20%.
Only the first consultation is charged. Dr. Richard Diacakis does not charge a fee for all other pre- or post-operative consultations, without any notion of time.
For all cosmetic surgery the patient has a minimum reflection period of 15 days.